Who is the greatest Christian you know?
I will give my answer to that question at the end of this post.
I realize that questions such as this could be classified by some as judgingothers. But the Bible does tell us to “testourselves” (2 Corinthians 13:5) and to test spiritual claims and people (1 John 4:1 & Revelation 2:2). The Bible also gives us attributes to look for when conducting these examinations of ourselves and others.
Here are some of the attributes (of great Christians) that I’ve found in the Bible:
- Compassionate, Kind, Humble, Gentle, Patient, Bearing the burdens of others and Forgiving (Colossians 3:12-13)
- Encouraging and Building-up others (1 Thessalonians 5:11).
- A reader and a “doer” of God’s word (James 1:22).
- Hospitable, Sensible, Just, Devout and Self-controlled (Titus 1:8).
- Loving, Joyful, Peaceful, Faithful (Galatians 5:22)
- Prayerful, Thankful (to God and others) and Hopeful (Colossians…
View original post 318 more words